OVERVIEW OF THE 6TH GRADE HISTORY BOOK
The 6th grade History book http://www.antibaro.gr/istoria.php#biblio (click to download the entire book) which is being taught since the beginning of the school year in all public Greek schools of the elementary level, constitutes the Trojan horse of economic liberalism and projects the New Order globalization behind its reforming wrapping. It is the first time ever that school books were authored following a competition, which was announced by the Pedagogic Institute, according to the new Interdisciplinary Unified Framework of Study.
The aforementioned book comes in contrast to the unanimous decisions of Greek Parliament, it counterfeits History, exonerates Turkish nationalism, it suppresses the prosecutions of Christian populations and particularly offends the Hellenes of Asia Minor, Thrace and Constantinople who suffered Genocide.
The authors of the 6th grade History book present the students (pg.100) a romanticized image of the perpetrator of Hellenic Genocide, Moustafa Kemal who is reported as “the leader of the liberation struggle of Turks.” In the same page (100) the drama of the Hellenes of Smyrna is presented as departure for an amusing trip: “Thousands of Hellenes squeezed in the harbor trying to board…” Two carefully selected sources in page 72, project a hint of contestation of Greece’s right to claim Macedonia.
According to http://www.see-jhp.org/hw_download.html the Center of Democracy and Reconciliation in South Eastern Europe (CDRSEE) is an NGO which is funded, inter alia, by USAID, the Foundations of Open Society, governments of various European States, as well as the private sector, such as Titan Cements, Coca-Cola HBN, National Bank of Greece and Alpha Bank.
The “Center of Democracy and Reconciliation in South Eastern Europe” has published a series of four books of alternative teaching which are promoted to secondary level of the Greek education system (Download all four books in English, Greek and Serbian: http://www.see-jhp.org/hw_download.html ). Generally speaking in these books in which supposedly a “Common History of Balkan Countries” has been authored, it is noted that the Greek history perishes and a methodical abortion of Greek historical memory and a national discoloration of Hellenes are attempted. Moreover efforts are being made by the New Order of Things to impose in the Balkans a preparation without reaction, which encourages and promotes Slavic and Turkish dominance. In conclusion we could say that the Romanian and the Turk who wrote the 1st volume, the Romanian who wrote the 2nd volume, the Bulgarian who wrote the 3rd volume and the Croatian who wrote the 4th volume totally buried Hellas and Hellenic history.
Critique on the Joint History Project Books
1. The role of the political and military leaders as historic personalities is downgraded and through doubtful sources, the author of history appears to be the anonymous crowd.
2. The Balkan states appear to be products of the Ottoman Empire that is projected in a completely unhistorical fashion from the beginning of 14 A.D. until the 20th century. Byzantium is totally ignored thus the Byzantine era disappears from any historic context.
3. The Struggle of 1821 is completely absent and only Adamantios Korais’ “ Polemic Chant” and certain selective extracts from the Proclamation of Alexandros Ypsilantis are documented.
4. The Macedonian Struggle is presented as a Bulgarian Struggle for Macedonia’s independence from the Ottoman Empire, even though the FYROM, which is presented as “Macedonia”, usurps the Ilinten uprising.
5. There is an unacceptable projection of the FYROM as Macedonia and its inhabitants as THE Macedonians-but foreign to Greek nationality-who are the descendants of King Philip and Alexander the Great.
6. Documentation of Greek sources is very limited, while Slav and Turkish sources are multitudinous.
7. Bulgarian and Turkish atrocities against the Greeks are suppressed.
8. The assumed historical evidence emanates from doubtful and suspect sources without scientific prestige. It is remarkable that is cited nowhere, not even in the bibliography, the prestigious, scientific work of Apostlolos Vakolopoulos, “History of Modern Hellenism”, based on most valid sources.
9. There is apparent favoritism toward the Jews.
10. Comparative tables with statistical elements for the population of Macedonian cities are mentioned vindicating the Slavs (Serbs, Bulgarians), thus creating doubt for the reliability of Greek statistical tables.
11.There are misleading images of cities and costumes not favoring the Greek population.
12. EOKA is presented as a risky and terrorist organization.
General Observations on JHP Books
a) Greek history is non-existent and a methodical abortion of Greek historical memory and national discoloration of the Greeks is attempted.
b) Preparation without reaction in imposing the new order of things in the Balkans is being attempted, encouraging the Slavs and Turks.
In conclusion we could say that the Romania and Turk who wrote the first volume, the Romanian who wrote the second volume, the Bulgarian who wrote the third volume and the Croat who wrote the fourth volume literally buried Greece and Greek history.
The propaganda against Macedonia’s Greekness is apparent: In pages 107-108 of the second book Nations and States of Southeast Europe, Gjiorgii Pulevski’s poem can be found (although in these pages the national anthems of various Balkan countries are depicted, the “academicians” selected this particular poem of the aforementioned poet which does not give the reader an occasion to contest the “Macedonism” of Greece’s northern neighbors). In pages 48-49 the FYROM usurps Bulgarian history (Ilinten, Kroushevo etc), while in the existing maps (p. 57 - Southeastern Europe after Versailles and Lausanne 1923) anyone can distinguish in southern Serbia, the word “Macedonia”, while we know too well that the name of this region during that era was simply Southerner Serbia and around 1929 became Vardarska Banovina.
A quick look at the aforementioned sites where you can find these books and Antivaro's web site http://www.antibaro.gr/istoria.php will give you a good idea of the problem which our new Hellenic generation is facing.
Please join the individuals who signed the protesting letter which originated by Antivaro: http://www.antibaro.gr/upografes.php and do not forget to sign your name, title, institution, City and Country.